A friendly sports club which is dedicated to the sport of archery
Based in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Trent Valley Archers believe that every youngster that walks through the door has the potential to reach the top.
T. B. C.
Hello & Welcome!
Thank you for taking time to visit the website of Trent Valley Archers.
We are a very friendly community focused amateur sports club which is dedicated to the sport of archery. We are based in Stoke on Trent.
We practise at Michelin Athletic Centre Tuesday evenings, Saturday & Sunday.
Archery has been around for approximately 30,000 to 50,000 years; it was used for hunting for food and defence until the advanced development of gunpowder.
Archery became more popular as a sport in the Victorian era, where it was one of the few sports when men and women could take part and compete at the same levels.
Today, there are about 60,000 archers in the UK. Ranging in all ages, from 6 years old to archers in their 90’s!!!
Our Archery Courses
The beginners course lasts 5 weeks where you will learn how to shoot safely and with confidence.
You will start shooting at a target at a short distance until your confidence and accuracy grows and you then start shooting at longer distances.
Trent Valley Archers is fully committed in safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We do this by:
- Ensuring that the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is paramount.
- Creating and maintaining the safest environment possible for children, young people and vulnerable adults participating in Archery.
- Taking all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm, abuse, and exploitation.
- Promoting an ethos which embraces difference and diversity, and respects the rights of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that bullying, in any form, is not tolerated.
Benefits of Archery
Here are some reasons why people should consider archery as a sport
Archery is a sport that is safe for all who compete. Everyone has to complete a beginner’s course which teaches the archer how to shoot safely and to protect themselves and other archers from injury.
You can compete in tournaments outside your club or just shoot for fun, it is entirely up to you.
Youngsters especially benefit from the sport as it helps to develop character and build friendships.
Archery teaches discipline and helps concentration.
Archery is a physical activity and it encourages fitness.
Archery helps stimulate a healthy mental state that benefits us all from the trials and tribulations of daily living.
Please be aware that any dates and activities may change or be cancelled at short notice, all equipment needs to be put away by the stated end time.